2012年9月21日星期五

Confusion

What am I doing? What is life?

I just came back from NTU Buddhist Society Dharma Class. On the way back to my room, I had been thinking. What am I actually doing? Study study study. What's the purpose of studying? What's the purpose of life? Why am I here? Why am I breathing? How does it feel like when I am dying? What will I be thinking just a few seconds before I die?

No matter what you do, no matter what process you have gone through, you will die someday. It might be tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, next week, the week after next week...

It's pretty much like the concept of displacement. No matter how long you go, you will reach the same point as everyone else does. Our displacements are the same.

In the Dharma Class, prof. Tan did talk about rebirth. You might not be born as a human in your next life. Then how do animals achieve enlightenment? For instance, do ants think like human?

Life.

I am not sure if I can call myself a Buddhist. As a Buddhist, we are not allowed to kill. Okay, very simple. But let say, a deadly mosquito lands on your hand and wants to suck your blood, WHAT SHOULD YOU DO? You have 2 seconds before it starts sucking your blood. And the mosquito might carry certain viruses which could be lethal.

In the past, when a mosquito landed on my hand, I would observe the species of it first and then only decide what to do. If it is an AEDES(with white stripes), I would kill it right away. Sorry for that. Sorry for that. Sorry. I can recognize AEDES only. From what I know, AEDES might or might not carry the virus AIDS. I will seriously try not to kill from now onwards even if you are an AEDES.

Life is indeed full of sufferings.

Whatever it is, I will just enjoy my life. The end.

By the way, I am feeling quite glad that I joined BS. At least I made a right choice yea! All the committees are really giving me the warm feeling. Just that sometimes I feel a little shy and don't know how to smile nicely.

Okay. The end for real.

2 条评论:

匿名 说...

I was once heard of an anology. A monk is holding onto a gun, pointing to a criminal. The criminal is holding a bomb that will destroy the world. As a buddhist, the monk suppose to follow the five precepts where the first is not to kill. But in this case should the monk kill? It's kind of an obvious answer. 5 precepts or Buddhism teachings serve as a good guide in life but not as rules. When it comes to certain situation it still come back to what is your intention.

摇木马的小孩 说...

I got the points. Thank you very much!